Sisterhood. The sustenance of our community.
Through a variety of spiritual, social, cultural, educational, and philanthropic activities, this wonderful alliance of dedicated and powerful women — all of different ages, backgrounds, and interests — forge lifelong bonds of friendship, deepen their connection to Judaism, and play a vital role in enhancing the everyday life of Beth El.
Programs such as our Annual Interfaith Sukkot Luncheon, the Women’s Empowerment Series and Trivia Night expose our members to new experiences. Our fundraising projects help us make major contributions to both tikkun olam initiatives and the synagogue’s annual budget.
Empowerment is defined as “the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights”. Empowerment can also have different meanings to different people, depending on their experiences, circumstances, hopes, and dreams. In this series, we start a powerful journey to redefine gender roles and bring new resources to the tribe of women within our community.
There’s no wrong way to be a member of Sisterhood.
The women of Sisterhood are doers. Whether you have a life jam-packed with commitments, or a fluid schedule, there is a place for you in Sisterhood.
Social & Educational Programs:
- Yom Kippur Community Break Fast
- Sukkot Interfaith Luncheon to benefit Operation Hope
- Membership Events – i.e. Trivia Night
- Sisterhood Sing Down
- Knitzvah Project
- Women’s Empowerment Series
- Sisterhood Shabbat
Community Contributions & Services:
- Mitzvah Baskets for Simchas and Sorrows
- Gift Shop, and Chanukah & Pesach Boutique
- New Baby Gifts
- Purim Shalach Manot Baskets
- Yellow Candle Project, commemorating Yom Hashoah
- Annual Pledge to Beth El for general programs
- Bar & Bat Mitzvah Gifts