BETH EL RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
Building the foundation of Jewish life.
The mission of our Religious School is to plant the seeds for future generations of proud, committed Jews, who are:
- Able to participate in and lead Hebrew prayers
- Skilled in Torah and Haftarah reading
- Knowledgeable about the Bible
- Practicing Jewish ethics
- Exposed to Jewish history, tradition and religious observance
- Nurtured in the love of Israel
To achieve these ambitious goals, we have worked closely with Beth El parents in recent years to reexamine our priorities, and have revised the curriculum to focus on:
- The purpose, meaning, and content of prayer
- The translation of Biblical ethics into our daily lives
- The joy of Shabbat and holiday celebrations
- The use of technology to engage students, and motivate them to be independent learners
Religious School Classroom Instruction
Kindergarten – 1st grade
2nd grade – 7th grade
Sundays 9am-noon & Tuesdays 4-6pm
Your support — following your children’s progress and participating in their learning — is vital to the curriculum’s success. As such, we are dedicated to helping all parents foster and expand on what their children are learning, so as to reinforce Jewish spiritual life and values within the family and congregation.
Come join your children in this grand adventure in Jewish learning, and make the world a much better place for them and generations to come.
Jewish learning and study are lifetime pursuits.
- A positive Jewish identity is fundamental.
- Acts of loving kindness and Tzedakah are a way of life.
- The Torah is a source of our values and traditions.
- The home and the family are central to Jewish education. The synagogue and families are partners in shaping the next generation of committed Jews.
- Prayer is both personal and a way of connecting to the Jewish people.
- Jewish life has a rhythm. Shabbat and the Holidays include personal and family and community experiences.
- Our personal and community ties to Israel are strong and everlasting.
- Jewish arts and culture add meaning to our lives.