Bar/Bat Mitzvah is a wonderful milestone in the life of your family.
There is probably no greater moment, aside from birth and marriage, than when your son or daughter is called to the Torah as a Bar/Bat Mitzvah and is welcomed into the adult Jewish community. Becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah is inevitably a stepping stone to an even more meaningful connection to Judaism within your home and our congregation.
Attending a Bar or Bat Mitzvah for the first time? Wonderful! Here’s what to expect.
Some of the goals of our program include:
- Bringing families together as a community
- Demonstrating Jewish learning as a life-long process
- Empowering parents to learn with their children
- Sharing the beauty of Shabbat observance and traditions
- Involving families in mitzvah projects to help our world community
- Reinforcing basic Jewish literacy
At Beth El, we take pride in our children becoming proficient service leaders, as well as capable Torah and Haftarah chanters. It is our greatest hope and expectation that the upcoming preparation and celebration you and your family are undertaking will have enduring and lasting significance.
We look forward to working with your entire family. Please know that we will make ourselves completely available to you during this process. Please do not hesitate to contact our Bar/Bat Mitzvah Coordinator at any time.